Scenario: You’ve been exiled to a private island, and you can only bring 5 foods with you. What five foods do you pick?
Let’s look at the scenario in a bit of detail. First off, define ‘exiled’. Are we taking it in the literal sense whereby I’ll never be able to return to the country from whence I came?
Private island? Is it just me or… you know what? I’m over thinking this whole thing. So screw it. 5 foods.
WAIT! Can I hunt and fish on the island? What are the rules here? Arrrrrrruuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I’m lost. I don’t know what the operating parameters are! HELP!!! Let’s assume that I can hunt and fish then… Since I’l only be eating fish anyway let’s assume that I can fish.
OK ok ok… I’m calm… 5 foods.
WAIT!!! j/k lol!
1. Kale: Yup. Kale. It’s the 800 lb gorilla of vegetables. It’s EXCELLENT for you and is a very complete food. Kale.
2. Rice: Easy to make, a little goes a long way, tastes great. Must be Jasmine.
3. Black Beans: We’re talking survival here. I could literally live on Kale, Rice and Black Beans for the rest of my life if push came to shove. (Am I being too pedantic here?)
4. Mandarin Oranges: ABSOLUTE guilty pleasure. I eat them entirely too much… on EVERYTHING!
5. Clean Water: Not a food but since you cannot live longer than 72 hours without it I think it’s pretty important.
OK… That’s about it for me. Now if I were in my early twenties, my list would look a LOT like this: